Every day of the year it is possible to find TAXUS professionals working in the field. We currently have specialists in mammals, reptiles and amphibians, birds, chiroptera, ichthyofauna and insects who work daily to obtain as much information as possible on numerous species in order to define the best measures for their conservation.
- Population censuses and inventories.
- Environmental monitoring of populations.
- Ichthyofauna sampling using netting and electrofishing techniques.
- Calculation of Biovolume in reservoirs.
- Chiroptera surveys using ultrasound analysis, with professional detectors, installation of Japanese nets and infrared imaging.
- Studies on protected large mammals populations: wolf, bear, etc.
- Studies of Lepidopters and Odonates populations.
- Benthonic macroinvertebrate survey in marine and inland water
- Amphibians surveys, both adults and clutches or larvae.
- Micromammals surveys, through the study of pellets.
- Birds studies, tracking and monitoring.
- Use of phototrapping techniques to track wildlife crossings, relative abundance studies, population size calculation and determination of carcass disappearance rates.
- Herpetofauna and ichthyofauna sampling and removal as a preventive measure on construction sites.
- Population viability analysis.
- Species recovery and habitat restoration.
- Proposals for conservation measures and management of the natural environment.
- Land use cartography.