TAXUS offers solutions to undertake numerous projects related to studies of physical limnology, hydrochemistry and all biological and physicochemical indicators stablished in Water Framework Directive (2000/60/EC).
The study, monitoring and proper environmental management of reservoirs is another of our main lines of work.
- Operation of biological monitoring networks in application of the Water Framework Directive.
- Evaluation of the ecological status and potential.
- Development of programs of measures to preserve or achieve good ecological status.
- Sampling of biological indicators (benthic macroinvertebrates, diatoms, phytoplankton, macrophytes and fish by electrofishing).
- River management plans.
- Assessment of environmental effects of works (WWTPs, canals and transfers, hydroelectric power plants) and discharges.
- Establishment of bioindicators (meiobentos and aquatic vegetation).
- Limnological studies in reservoirs and establishment of guidelines for their management.
- Water quality and eutrophication studies.
- Sediments studies and analysis.
- High-resolution bathymetric studies (single-beam and multi-beam).
- Control of total and partial emptying, dredging or bottom dewatering in reservoirs. Establishment of preventive and corrective measures.
- Analysis of environmental risks arising from the existence and operation of reservoirs.
- Ecological flow studies.